Beat the ballot!
Become part of Team ShelterBox by running the Brighton marathon and raise funds to help us transform lives after a disaster.
This marathon is a must do on the runners list, run 26.2 miles and enjoy one of Britain’s most beautiful and vibrant cities.
Starting in Preston Park, the race route will take you through the spectacular sights of Brighton, passing the Royal Pavilion, Brighton Dome, the i360 tower, North Laine, Brighton Palace Pier and Kemp town. Runners will race along the A259 South Coast road up to Hove before turning around to reach the finish line at the event village in Madeira Drive.
This is the perfect race to experience the impressive sights of Brighton, take on the challenge and help our teams go a little bit further at ShelterBox.
To secure your ShelterBox charity place in the Brighton Marathon:
- Pay a registration fee of £20 (non-refundable).
- Commit to fundraising £420 for ShelterBox. This will provide a family with a bespoke all-purpose tent, a water filtration system, a kitchen set and three solar lights!
Participants who are under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. By registering for this event you agree to our terms and conditions.
Already have a place?
If you already have a place and would like to fundraise for ShelterBox please get in touch. We’d love to help you!
Why join Team ShelterBox?
Your hard work training and fundraising is helping to transform the lives of families who have been robbed of their homes all over the world.
- £590 could provide a ShelterBox, designed to help people who have lost everything.
- £317 could provide a bespoke all-purpose family tent.
- £80 could provide two water filtration kits that make contaminated water safe to drink.
- £69 could provide tools, ropes and heavy-duty tarpaulins to build emergency shelters and repair existing structures.
- £40 could provide four LuminAID lights
Right from the word go we are on hand to support you as you fundraise and prepare for the event.
- We'll give you dedicated support from our fundraising team via phone or email.
- You'll receive links to event-specific training guides, fundraising hints and tips.
- We'll send you a free running vest.
- You'll be invited to join our Facebook group, where you can share training tips and advice with other ShelterBox event participants.
- We’ll also be attending the full race weekend, from prep talks to cheering you across the finish line on race day, we’ll be there!.
- You'll receive exclusive updates on our latest work across the world, as well as other events and activities.
Explore more events
Prudential Ride London 100
Sunday 16 August, 2020
Become part of Team ShelterBox and take on the Prudential RideLondon 100 mile race.
Do your own thing
If these challenges aren't your thing, feel free to check out our ideas for events and gatherings.
Put a twist on your regular leisure activities or create a new event to support families all over the world after disaster.