Chicken Chorizo and Chickpea Stew
This Chicken Chorizo and Chickpea Stew from Jane at The Hedge Combers is nourishing, comforting and bursting with flavour.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon favourite cooking fat
- 1 large onion
- 80 g chorizo skinned and diced
- 3 chicken breasts diced into bit size pieces
- 350 g fresh tomatoes or 1 can of tomatoes chopped
- 200 g of chickpeas or half a can, drained or the equivalent of presoaked & cooked dried chickpeas
- 250 ml red wine
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt & pepper to serve
Preheat the oven to 170/325/gas 3
Heat the oil and sweat the onions until soft and translucent.
Add in the chorizo, chicken, tomatoes, chickpeas, wine and oregano and put on a tight fitting lid.
Pop in the oven and mostly ignore it for the next two hours (you may want to check it hasn't dried out every now and then if your lid isn't tight fitting).
Season with salt and pepper as necessary and serve with whatever comfort food you fancy - we had freshly baked baguettes but mashed potato would have been equally scrummy.
You can find more recipes like this one on Jane's website The Hedge Combers