13.1 miles to support shelter
Take part in the Reading Half Marathon and raise funds for emergency shelter.
Become part of Team ShelterBox by running in the Reading half marathon and help raise funds for emergency disaster relief.
The Reading half marathon is a flat and fast race, perfect for all abilities and ambitions, whether you are looking to achieve your own personal best or participate competitively.
The race starts in the stunning Green park, eliminating one of the leg testing inclines early on to then pass through the University of Reading. Runners then pass through Abbey street, Oxford road and Berkley Ave.
The route then goes onto the A33 dual carriageway for a mile towards the Madejski stadium where competitors will be greeted by hundreds of supporters cheering you on.
This half marathon is a great way to enjoy the sights of Reading whilst helping be part of the action at ShelterBox via raising vital funds.
Registration for the Reading Half costs just £45.60 (inc VAT) and we ask that you pledge to raise a minimum of £175 for ShelterBox.
Participants must be 16 years or over by race day. By registering for this event you agree to our terms and conditions.
From the word go we are on hand to support you as you fundraise and prepare for your challenge.
- We'll give you dedicated support from our fundraising team via email or phone
- You'll receive a brand new and bespoke fundraising pack filled with event-specific training guides, fundraising hints and tips and information to share with your supporters on the work of ShelterBox.
- We'll send you a free Team ShelterBox technical cycling jersey or t-shirt, depending on your preference.
- You'll be invited to join our exclusive event Facebook group, where you can share training tips, advice and more with other ShelterBox event participants.
- You'll receive exclusive updates on our latest work across the world, as well as other events and activities.
- And not forgetting...guaranteed loud and proud cheering on the day!
Download fundraising tips and information to share with your supporters here.
Do something different
If you’d like to go that extra mile and stand out from the crowd, we’d love you to help us raise awareness of ShelterBox as you take part in a challenge and wear a small version of our iconic ShelterBox on your back for everyone to see!
Why join Team ShelterBox?
We will provide you with a reason to put in those training and fundraising efforts, because you know that your support is going towards improving the lives of families all over the world, who have lost everything.
How your sponsor money will help:
- £230 could provide a bespoke all-purpose family tent.
- £80 could provide two water filtration kits that make contaminated water safe to drink.
- £35 could provide tools, ropes and heavy-duty tarpaulins to build emergency shelters and repair existing structures.
Got a question?
If you have a question about fundraising or the challenge itself, then we're here to help. Send us an email to: email@example.com or ring us on 01872 302600.
Would you like to share your story about why you're fundraising for ShelterBox? Contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us all about it.
Explore more events
Bath Half Marathon
Sunday 4 March, 2018
A chance to run through the historic streets of beautiful Bath. Sign up today.
The Big Half, London
Sunday 4 March, 2018
A brand new, closed road race starting at Tower Bridge. Sign up today.
Sunday 15th April, 2018
Take on the challenge and help our response teams go a little bit further