13.1 miles to support ShelterBox
Take part in the Reading Half Marathon and raise funds for emergency shelter.
Become part of Team ShelterBox by running in the Reading half marathon and help raise funds for emergency disaster relief.
The Reading half marathon is a flat and fast race, perfect for all abilities and ambitions, whether you are looking to achieve your own personal best or participate competitively.
The race starts in the stunning Green park, eliminating one of the leg testing inclines early on to then pass through the University of Reading. Runners then pass through Abbey street, Oxford road and Berkley Ave.
The route then goes onto the A33 dual carriageway for a mile towards the Madejski stadium where competitors will be greeted by hundreds of supporters cheering you on.
This half marathon is a great way to enjoy the sights of Reading, whilst being part of the action at ShelterBox by raising vital funds.
Entries for the Reading Half Marathon have now closed but why not take a look at one of our other challenge events?
Why join Team ShelterBox?
Your hard work training and fundraising is helping to transform the lives of families who have been robbed of their homes all over the world.
- £590 could provide a ShelterBox, designed to help people who have lost everything.
- £230 could provide a bespoke all-purpose family tent.
- £80 could provide two water filtration kits that make contaminated water safe to drink.
- £35 could provide tools, ropes and heavy-duty tarpaulins to build emergency shelters and repair existing structures.
Right from the word go we are on hand to support you as you fundraise and prepare for the event.
- We'll give you dedicated support from our fundraising team via phone or email.
- You'll receive a bespoke fundraising pack filled with event-specific training guides, fundraising hints and tips.
- We'll send you a free cycling vest or t-shirt.
- You'll be invited to join our exclusive event Facebook group, where you can share training tips, advice with other ShelterBox event participants.
- We'll also be attending the event to help cheer you across the finish line on race day!
Do something different
If you’d like to go that extra mile and stand out from the crowd, we'd love you to wear a small version of our iconic ShelterBox on your back as you take on your challenge.
By displaying your ShelterBox for everyone to see, you'll help to raise awareness of our innovative ShelterBox aid.
Get in touch
If you have a question about fundraising or the challenge itself, then we're here to help. Send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or ring us on 01872 302600.
Would you like to share your story about why you're fundraising for ShelterBox? Contact us on: email@example.com and tell us all about it.
Explore more events
Superhero Run - 5K or 10K
Sunday 13th May 2018
Become a ShelterBox Hero by participating in the 5K or 10K Superhero Run
Isle of Wight Challenge
Saturday 5 & Sunday 6 May, 2018
Trek 100km, 50km or 25km and help raise funds for emergency disaster relief.
London 2 Brighton Challenge
Saturday 26 & Sunday 27 May, 2018
Walk, Jog, or Run an epic 100km from Capital to Coast.
Do your own thing
If these challenges aren't your thing, feel free to check out our ideas for events and gatherings.
Put a twist on your regular leisure activities or create a new event to support families all over the world after disaster.