Going the extra mile for ShelterBox
Become part of Team ShelterBox by running in the Bath Half Marathon and raise funds for emergency shelter.
Take part in one of the longest established and most popular city centre road events in the UK and join 12,000 runners in the beautiful World Heritage City of Bath.
It is a fast and flat course that straddles both sides of the river Avon and avoids the hills surrounding the city.
The race starts and finishes in Great Pulteney Street, in the heart of the World Heritage City of Bath, threading through historic streets and landmarks.
It is suitable for runners of all abilities, from those whose aim is to finish the course, to experienced runners wanting to beat their personal best time. You can also take part in the family fun run which is under a mile in length.
The Bath Half is the largest charity fundraising event in the South West. By taking part, you'll be helping to raise vital funds for emergency disaster relief.
Registration for the Bath Half costs just £54 (inc VAT) and we ask that you pledge to raise a minimum of £175 for ShelterBox.
Participations must be 16 years or over by race day. By registering for this event you agree to our terms and conditions.
Why join Team ShelterBox?
Your hard work training and fundraising is helping to transform the lives of families who have been robbed of their homes all over the world.
- £590 could provide a ShelterBox, designed to help people who have lost everything.
- £230 could provide a bespoke all-purpose family tent.
- £80 could provide two water filtration kits that make contaminated water safe to drink.
- £35 could provide tools, ropes and heavy-duty tarpaulins to build emergency shelters and repair existing structures.
Right from the word go we are on hand to support you as you fundraise and prepare for the event.
- We'll give you dedicated support from our fundraising team via phone or email.
- You'll receive a bespoke fundraising pack filled with event-specific training guides, fundraising hints and tips and information to share with your supporters on the work of ShelterBox.
- We'll send you a free running vest.
- You'll be invited to join our exclusive event Facebook group, where you can share training tips, advice with other ShelterBox event participants.
- You'll receive exclusive updates on our latest work across the world, as well as other events and activities.
- We'll also be attending the event to help cheer you across the finish line on race day!
Do something different
If you’d like to go that extra mile and stand out from the crowd, we'd love you to wear a small version of our iconic ShelterBox on your back as you take on your challenge.
By displaying your ShelterBox for everyone to see, you'll help to raise awareness of our innovative ShelterBox aid.
Get in touch
If you have a question about fundraising or the challenge itself, then we're here to help. Send us an email to: email@example.com or ring us on 01872 302600.
Would you like to share your story about why you're fundraising for ShelterBox? Contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us all about it.
Explore more events
The Big Half, London
Sunday 4 March, 2018
A brand new, closed road race starting at Tower Bridge. Sign up today.
Reading Half Marathon
Sunday 18th March, 2018
Run the Reading Half and help us transform lives after disaster strikes
Sunday 15th April, 2018
Take on the challenge and help our response teams go a little bit further
Do your own thing
If these challenges aren't your thing, feel free to check out our ideas for events and gatherings.
Put a twist on your regular leisure activities or create a new event to support families all over the world after disaster.