Booking a ShelterBox speaker to give a talk is one of the most inspiring ways to hear about our work.
Whether you’re fundraising for us or simply looking to find out more about disaster relief, our speakers really bring our work to life. You’ll get a direct insight into how we help families who have lost their homes to conflict or natural disaster, and how you can make a difference.
Our committed network of volunteer speakers are passionate about what we do and love the opportunity to tell others about ShelterBox.
We don’t charge a fee and our volunteers’ expenses are covered. All we ask is that you consider supporting ShelterBox by making a donation or organising a fundraising activity. We can send you fundraising information and materials to help you plan a successful event.
Our speakers are trained to cover a wide range of audiences. From church groups to school assemblies or university conferences – any size audience and any age range.
We also have a selection of resources across the UK that speakers can bring along to showcase our aid. So you can get hands on with our kit and experience it for yourself!
Book a speaker now by completing the form below. Ideally, we ask for 6 weeks notice for your preferred date. Thanks for your interest.
We are pleased to be able to take bookings for both in person and online talks to be delivered by our network of Speaker volunteers.
We will do everything we can to provide you with a speaker, whilst continuing to keep our volunteers and member of the public as safe as possible.
Please note that by filling in the booking form you are agreeing to:
- Provide hand sanitiser or adequate handwashing facilities
- Ensure audience members are more than 2m spaced out from people they do not live with OR are wearing masks
- Encourage the audience members to use the NHS App for track and trace purposes
- Inform ShelterBox if any member of the audience subsequently suffers from coronavirus symptoms or tests positive for Covid
- Please note that our volunteers are not DBS-checked. It is your responsibility to ensure that appropriate safeguarding measures are in place
If we are unable to provide you with an in person speaker we will endeavour to connect you with a virtual speaker instead.