Be part of the race, be part of the journey
Beat the ballot and become part of Team ShelterBox by running the Brighton Marathon and raising funds to help us transform lives after disasters strike.
This marathon is a must do on the runners' list - run 26.2 miles and enjoy one of Britain’s most beautiful and vibrant cities
Starting in Preston Park, the race route will take you through the spectacular sights of Brighton, passing the Royal Pavilion, Brighton Dome, the i360 tower, North Laine, Brighton Palace Pier and Kemp town. Runners will race along the A259 South Coast road up to Hove before turning around to reach the finish line at the event village in Madeira Drive.
This is the perfect race to experience the impressive sights of Brighton. Take on the challenge and help our teams go further at ShelterBox.
Registration for the Brighton Marathon costs just £63.64 (inc VAT) and we ask that you pledge to raise a minimum of £300 for ShelterBox.
Participants must be 16 years or over by race day. By registering for this event you agree to our terms and conditions.
Ready for the challenge?
Your hard work training and fundraising is helping to transform the lives of families who have been robbed of their homes all over the world.
- £590 could provide a ShelterBox, designed to help people who have lost everything.
- £230 could provide a bespoke all-purpose family tent.
- £80 could provide two water filtration kits that make contaminated water safe to drink.
- £35 could provide tools, ropes and heavy-duty tarpaulins to build emergency shelters and repair existing structures.
Right from the word go we are on hand to support you as you fundraise and prepare for the event.
- We'll give you dedicated support from our fundraising team via phone or email.
- You'll receive a bespoke fundraising pack filled with event-specific training guides, fundraising hints and tips.
- We'll send you a free running vest.
- You'll be invited to join our exclusive event Facebook group, where you can share training tips, advice with other ShelterBox event participants.
- We'll also be attending the event to help cheer you across the finish line on race day!
Explore more events
Reading Half Marathon
Sunday 18th March, 2018
Run the Reading Half and help us transform lives after disaster strikes
The Big Half, London
Sunday 4 March, 2018
A brand new, closed road race starting at Tower Bridge. Sign up today.
Bath Half Marathon
Sunday 4 March, 2018
A chance to run through the historic streets of beautiful Bath. Sign up today.
Do your own thing
If these challenges aren't your thing, feel free to check out our ideas for events and gatherings.
Put a twist on your regular leisure activities or create a new event to support families all over the world after disaster.