What is ShelterBox Book Club?
If there is a bookworm in your life, or if you are struggling to think of a present for someone, this is the perfect solution.
ShelterBox Book Club is made up of members all around the country, who all share the love of a quality read.
Each member will be able to vote on the next book.
A shortlist is carefully selected by our Head Bookworm, who is always on the lookout for compelling stories from around the world and strong characters with depth.
What will they receive?
- The chance to vote on a shortlist of books every six weeks
- Their own copy of the winning book sent through the post
- A welcome bookmark so they never lose their place
- Details of the online discussion forum
- Regular news and updates from Head Bookworm – without spoilers
- Insights into the lives of real people being helped thanks to the membership
How does it work?
It couldn’t be easier to gift ShelterBox Book Club. We wanted to make it as easy as possible, without spoiling the surprise of giving the gift – you can do that yourself:
- Gift a membership today – you can choose to gift 3, 6 or 12 month memberships
- You’ll receive an e-voucher from us
- Send the e-voucher to the lucky person when it suits you
- They can then click the link, fill out their details and join
- Once joined, they’ll be able to vote on the next book, receive the winning copy through the post and take part in the discussion online.
How your gift helps families hit in an emergency
ShelterBox is no ordinary charity. We believe that every family has the right to a shelter they can call home. No ifs. No buts.
Give our extraordinary Book Club as a gift today and you’ll be helping ShelterBox reach even more families hit by disaster.
Your support will help fill our vital ShelterBoxes and ShelterKits with emergency essentials, like tents, water filters and solar lights.
Whenever disaster strikes – whether it’s a hurricane, floods or severe drought – the love of a good book will help create real-life stories with a happier ending.
Find out more
Frequently asked questions
Here are the questions that we are frequently asked about Book Club.
Terms and Conditions
Love reading the small print? Take a look at the terms and conditions for Book Club here.