ShelterBox’s Bookmark Design Competition Terms and Conditions:
1. The promoter of this prize draw is ShelterBox Trust, a registered charity (1096479) and a limited company in England and Wales (04612652), whose registered office is at Falcon House, Charles Street, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2PH, England.
2. The title of the competition is ‘ShelterBox’s Bookmark Design Competition’.
3. By submitting a design to the competition, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions and confirming that you are eligible to enter the competition and eligible to claim the prize.
4. ShelterBox’s Bookmark Design Competition is open to children and adults, those under the age of 18 will be entered into the children’s competition and those over 18 will be entered into the adult’s competition.
5. Employees of ShelterBox and their immediate families and members of their households are not eligible to take part.
6. To enter the competition you must submit your design via email to [email protected] or via post to Head Bookworm, ShelterBox, Falcon House, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2PH. Images sent via email should not exceed 20mb and should be a JPEG or PNG file. Physical entries must not exceed one A4 page. Entries submitted in any other form will not be accepted.
7. All entries must include the following contact information:
a. Full name and age
b. Where you live
c. An active email address and if you are willing to be contacted about the competition by phone, a valid phone number
d. Social media handles (if you have them and would like to be tagged in posts about the competition and any possible win)
ShelterBox will only process your personal information in accordance with https://www.shelterbox.org/about/privacy/ See also condition 13 and condition 14, with regard to the announcement of winners.
8. There is no purchase necessary to enter or be selected.
9. ShelterBox will not accept any competition entries that are (a) automatically generated by computer; (b) illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with; (c) photocopies and not originals; or (d) incomplete.
10. ShelterBox cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete, not properly registered or recorded, or cannot be delivered or entered into the competition for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any server, Internet access, system or any other reason. Proof of sending the entry is not proof of receipt by ShelterBox.
11. The competition opens at 10am on the 9th September 2020 and closes at 5pm on the 23rd October 2020. Entries received outside of this time period will not be considered.
12. Competition entries cannot be returned.
13. ShelterBox must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation ShelterBox will publish the surname and county of the two prize winners and, if applicable, their winning entries on the 12th November 2020. By submitting an entry to the competition, you give ShelterBox the right to contact you regarding your entry and the right to use your name, town or city of residence, and social media handles for the sole purpose of identifying you as a competition entrant or winner.
14. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact ShelterBox at [email protected] or ShelterBox, Falcon House, Charles Street, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2PH, England. In such
circumstances, ShelterBox must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
15. Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use. It must not infringe the rights of any other party and must not be otherwise obscene, defamatory or in breach of any applicable legislation or regulations. If ShelterBox has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or breaches this paragraph then ShelterBox may, in its absolute discretion, decide not to consider it.
16. During the submission period, your submission may be showcased to the public on ShelterBox’s website and social channels.
17. All creators retain ownership of their work. However, by submitting your entry you hereby grant ShelterBox and any judges, a perpetual non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable license to publish, broadcast (across all media), sublicense, use to support our work and post the entry online, print or reproduce your entry and display on any other platforms including any yet to be envisaged. This licence will be deemed to include all the necessary rights and permissions to enable such use by ShelterBox, and for ShelterBox to complete the administration of this competition.
18. You can contact ShelterBox on 01872 302 600 or via email at [email protected] to withdraw consent for the use of your artwork prior to it being in the public domain after which we will be unable to withdraw it.
19. Clause 17 does not guarantee that your work will be used by ShelterBox at any point during the competition or afterwards.
20. ShelterBox will credit the creator where any work is used unless they have expressly asked not to be identified in accordance with clause 14.
21. You are encouraged to share your work on social channels using the hashtags #TeamShelterBox, #MakeYourBookMARK & #ShelterBoxBookClub once you have submitted your design.
22. If there are under 20 entrants for each category all will go through to be judged by our ‘special guest’. If there are over 20 entrants in each category a panel of ShelterBox staff will create a shortlist of 20 for our ‘special guest’ who will have the final say on the winner of both categories.
23. The decision of the internal panel and special guest is final.
24. The decision will be made by 9th November 2020.
25. ShelterBox will contact the winner personally as soon as practicable after the closing date, using the telephone number or email address provided with the competition entry. The winner must be available to be contacted after the closing date. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner by ShelterBox. However, if the winner is unavailable ShelterBox reserves the right to transfer the prize to the next eligible entrant.
26. The winning designs will be turned into a physical bookmark which will be printed and sent out with the Christmas book of the ShelterBox Book Club on November 18th, 2020.
27. The prize will be a copy of the printed bookmark and a book. For the children’s prize this will be a copy of Michael Morpurgo’s Running Wild and for the adult prize this will be a copy of one of our previous book club books – the winner will be given a choice.
28. The prize is non-transferable. ShelterBox reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater value if this is necessary for reasons beyond ShelterBox’s reasonable control.
Some general rules:
29. Any complaints regarding this competition should be sent to ShelterBox, Falcon House, Charles Street, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2PH, England.
30. ShelterBox accepts no responsibility if you ignore these terms and conditions and you agree to indemnify ShelterBox against any claim by any third party arising from any breach by you of these terms and conditions.
31. ShelterBox accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the competition or accepting any prize. ShelterBox further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with this competition. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of ShelterBox for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
32. ShelterBox reserves the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify or discontinue this competition, temporarily or permanently, with or without prior notice (including, without limitation, in the case or anticipated, suspected, or actual fraud). The decision of ShelterBox in all matters under its control is final and binding.
33. ShelterBox shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
34. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and entrants submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.