Run through the capital of fun
Become part of Team ShelterBox by taking part in the Big Half and raise funds for disaster relief.
The Big Half is a brand new event, taking place in central London.
Expected to draw 20,000 runners, this race will attract some of the best runners in the world whilst also celebrating the diversity of London.
Finishing with a festival in Greenwich Park, this challenge is one not to be missed. Plus, it makes for a great family day out!
The iconic route starts at Tower Bridge, threading through Canary Wharf, Southwark, Tower Hamlets and Lewisham, before finishing in Greenwich for the festival.
Participating in the Big Half is a great way to celebrate the cultural diversity of London. By taking part in this unique party, you'll be helping to raise vital funds for emergency disaster relief.
Registration for The Big Half costs just £46.80 (inc VAT) and we ask that you pledge to raise a minimum of £175 for ShelterBox. Participants must be 16 years or over by race day. By registering for this event you agree to our terms and conditions.
Why join Team ShelterBox?
Your hard work training and fundraising is helping to transform the lives of families who have been robbed of their homes all over the world.
- £590 could provide a ShelterBox, designed to help people who have lost everything.
- £230 could provide a bespoke all-purpose family tent.
- £80 could provide two water filtration kits that make contaminated water safe to drink.
- £35 could provide tools, ropes and heavy-duty tarpaulins to build emergency shelters and repair existing structures.
Right from the word go we are on hand to support you as you fundraise and prepare for the event.
- We'll give you dedicated support from our fundraising team via phone or email.
- You'll receive a bespoke fundraising pack filled with event-specific training guides, fundraising hints and tips.
- We'll send you a free running vest.
- You'll be invited to join our exclusive event Facebook group, where you can share training tips, advice with other ShelterBox event participants.
- We'll also be attending the event to help cheer you across the finish line on race day!
Do something different
If you’d like to go that extra mile and stand out from the crowd, we'd love you to wear a small version of our iconic ShelterBox on your back as you take on your challenge.
By displaying your ShelterBox for everyone to see, you'll help to raise awareness of our innovative ShelterBox aid.
Get in touch
If you have a question about fundraising or the challenge itself, then we're here to help. Send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or ring us on 01872 302600.
Would you like to share your story about why you're fundraising for ShelterBox? Contact us on: email@example.com and tell us all about it.
Explore more events
Bath Half Marathon
Sunday 4 March, 2018
A chance to run through the historic streets of beautiful Bath. Sign up today.
Reading Half Marathon
Sunday 18th March, 2018
Run the Reading Half and help us transform lives after disaster strikes
Sunday 15th April, 2018
Take on the challenge and help our response teams go a little bit further
Do your own thing
If these challenges aren't your thing, feel free to check out our ideas for events and gatherings.
Put a twist on your regular leisure activities or create a new event to support families all over the world after disaster.